The following vaccines are free for adults in New Zealand
- Flu vaccine: Every winter from age 55 years for Māori and Pasifika and 65 years for anyone else. The flu vaccine is also free for some people with certain medical conditions.
- Shingles vaccine: One dose at age 65 years.
- Tetanus vaccine: From 45 years (if you have not already received 4 doses of tetanus-containing vaccine) and 65 years for anyone else.
- Measles vaccine (MMR): Anyone born on/after 1 January 1969 who has not had two doses of the MMR vaccine should have the MMR vaccine.
- COVID vaccines: Adults over 16 years are eligible for 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine and a booster. If you are over 50 years you are eligible for 2 boosters.
Note: Other vaccines are funded for adults at high risk of some diseases due to other medical conditions. For more details see funded vaccines for special groups (external link)and (external link)vaccinations in pregnancy.