Knowing about your medicines can help you get the most benefit from them and avoid problems.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist the following questions:
- Why am I taking this medicine?
- When and how do I take it?
- Are there are any special instructions?
- How long I need to take the medicine for?
- How do I tell if it’s working?
- Are there any side effects?
- Will I need any tests during treatment and, if so, why?
- What happens if I forget to take a dose?
Learn more about questions to ask about the medicines you are taking.
VIDEO: Understanding your medicines
In this video, Healthify He Puna Waiora consumer representative and cultural advisor Merle Samuels shares tips for managing your medicines.