- All drug use brings a risk of harm but methamphetamine is a particularly strong and addictive drug. People who use it can quickly become dependent on it.
- Addiction can harm your physical and mental health, as well as lead to losing your job, savings, home and relationships. You also risk overdose from a strong batch or large dose of methamphetamine, which can be fatal.
- Addiction is a health condition, not a lifestyle choice or weakness. It’s important to get help sooner rather than later. Thousands of New Zealanders have beaten their addiction to methamphetamine.
- There are many services that can help you to recover, from online counselling to inpatient rehab.
- Although relapse is normal during your recovery, expect to recover. Most people who have an addiction will recover.
|Overdose of methamphetamine can result in heart attack or stroke, and even death. Call 111 if you or someone else is experiencing these symptoms of overdose: