- Abuse can happen to anyone of any age or gender and from any walk of life.
- No matter what your situation, you deserve to live without pain and fear.
- Whether you’re the abused, the abuser or a concerned friend or family member, there is help available. It’s not okay to abuse someone, but it is okay to ask for help.
- Learning about the different types of abuse and what you can do to stop or prevent abuse can make a difference in your own or someone else’s life.
|Protect your privacy|
Other people may be able to find out that you have been to this or other sites that talk about family violence. If you are a victim of family violence or abuse, you can hide your visit(external link).
It's never okay for anyone to use violence to hurt or control you.
- Nobody has the right to assault another person.
- Nobody is allowed to have sexual contact with another person without permission.
- Nobody has the right to use intimidation, threats or mind games to gain power over another person.