Physical activity can help:
- increase balance and coordination
- increase muscle strength
- prevent falls
- prevent and manage health conditions such as stroke, heart disease, obesity, type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, cancers and depression
- reduce the risk of premature death
- improve sleep
- enhance wellbeing and quality of life
- increase social interaction.
But the type and amount of exercise you should do changes as you age. Here are some tips on exercise that is suitable for people over 65.