|Self-help App for the Mind (SAM)||By University of the West of England and MyOxygen|
Get the app from
|Country of origin||UK|
|Security and privacy|| Does the app:
What does the app do?
Self-help App for the Mind (SAM) helps users learn about anxiety, depression and loneliness and practice self-help techniques to manage them.
- Users can keep track of their mood and triggering situations.
- The self-help section offers a variety of tools such as breathing exercises, muscle relaxation exercises, meditation, thought exercises and tips.
- Users can create a list of favourite self-help tools.
- The app also has a discussion forum for users to get and give support.
✔ Support from community forum available.
✘ Instructions for using app provided but are difficult to find.
- April 2022; Version 1.1.0; Android
- November 2017; Version: 1.2.6; Android
Other useful resources
This app has been reviewed by other independent websites.
Self-help anxiety management – a professional review(external link) One Mind PsyberGuide
Review of Self Help Anxiety Assessment app(external link) iMedicalApps, July 2015
SAM website(external link)
Bakker D, Kazantzis N, Rickwood D, et al. Mental Health Smartphone Apps: Review and Evidence-Based Recommendations for Future Developments.(external link) JMIR Ment Health. 2016 Mar 1;3(1):e7.
Van Singer M, Chatton A, Khazaal Y. Quality of smartphone apps related to panic disorder(external link) Front Psychiatry. 2015 Jul 14;6:96.
|App developer: If you are the developer and would like to provide updated information about this app, please email the app library manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Healthify’s app library is a free consumer service to help you decide whether a health app would be suitable for you. Our review process is independent. We have no relationship with the app developers or companies and no responsibility for the service they provide. This means that if you have an issue with one of the apps we have reviewed, you will need to contact the app developer or company directly.