|Melon||By Melon Health|
Get the app from
|Country of origin||
|Clinical review||For COVID-19:
Read a clinical review of this app.
|Security and privacy||Does the app:
What does the app do?
The Melon app is a health and wellness app with a variety of programmes. The app is aimed at people who are feeling anxious or stressed during the COVID-19 pandemic. The app has the following main sections:
- Program, also called 'Living well program', which has 4 modules covering COVID-19-related anxiety, staying connected, making the most of self-isolation and looking after yourself and others. The modules cover standard psychological tools.
- Health journal in which you can record your sleep, activity and feelings. It integrates with multiple third-party wellness tools like Fitbit and Strava.
- Community, which is a shared online community in which you can ask questions and share ideas and thoughts anonymously.
- Resources has multiple videos, podcasts and articles on a range of wellbeing topics.
- I need help has an emergency contact list and emergency exercises.
✔ The Community section is quite active and has quite involved community support workers (13 at the time of writing).
✘ The program section has no way of tracking progress and doesn't have any interactive worksheets.
Date of review: April 2020
Platform reviewed: Android and Apple
COVID-19 | Mate korona outbreak
COVID-19 care and information topics
Mental health and wellbeing apps
Consumer guide: how to choose a health app
Clinicians guide: how to choose a health app
NZ Health App Library
|App developer: If you are the developer and would like to provide updated information about this app, please email the app library manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Healthify’s app library is a free consumer service to help you decide whether a health app would be suitable for you. Our review process is independent. We have no relationship with the app developers or companies and no responsibility for the service they provide. This means that if you have an issue with one of the apps we have reviewed, you will need to contact the app developer or company directly.