|Well Child App||By Silvereye Labs|
Get the app from
|Country of origin||
Read a clinical review of this app.
|Security and privacy||Does the app:
The app clearly states that it does not collect or save any personal information or data. All information used in the app is stores on each individual device and the responsibility is on the user to keep their data secure. Read more about things you can do to improve your safety and security when using apps.
This app contains no ads.
What does the app do?
The Well Child app app helps New Zealand parents create a health record for their child (0–5 years). By entering your child's date of birth, the app uses the device calendar to automatically set reminders for important dates like Well Child check-ups and immunisations. It also allows you to record your child's growth details, eg, their height and weight. The app also includes a large amount of health information from various New Zealand sources. Examples of the features in the app are:
- Immunisation: Information on the National Immunisation Schedule, your child's immunisation schedule based on their age and information on immunisation.
- First aid: Information on how to deal with common first aid and emergency situations in babies and children such as CPR, choking, burns, asthma, meningitis, poisoning, meningitis, pneumonia, drowning, diarrhoea and vomiting, etc
- Child assessment: Details of what to expect at the various assessments during your infant's development such as in the first week, 4–6 weeks, 8–10 weeks, 3–4 months, up until the B4 school check.
- Child safety: Handy tips on how to keep your toddler safe, eg, car safety, infant mental health, infectious diseases, how to stay safe at home.
- Moving and playing: Tips on the kinds of physical activity and play babies and toddlers need to be healthy, and information on how to manage your child's behaviour.
- Learning and development: Includes a range of topics such as breastfeeding, bottle feeding, postnatal depression, toilet training, speech and language, etc
- Safe sleep: Information on creating a safe sleeping environment for your baby and protecting your baby from SUDI (Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy).
- Health eating: Information on how to give your baby and toddler the right nutrition.
- Wellbeing: Information on bonding, and getting to know your baby, and information about smoke-free homes.
- Sun safety: How to protect your baby and toddler from the sun including information on sunscreen.
- Oral health: Tips on how to care for your child's teeth and how to enrol your child in the free oral health service.
- Healthy weight: Ways to help your child achieve a healthy weight.
The app is designed to be used alongside the Well Child Tamariki Ora My Health book (also known as the Plunket book). There is also a page with links to useful contacts or health organisations in Aotearoa New Zealand
✔ Large amount of very useful child health information taken from a variety of New Zealand sources.
✘ The measurement section could be improved:
✘ There is a notification section, but the page was blank on my 2 test devices.
Date of review: September 2023
Platform reviewed: Apple
App version: 2.1.1
|App developer: If you are the developer and would like to provide updated information about this app, please email the app library manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Healthify’s app library is a free consumer service to help you decide whether a health app would be suitable for you. Our review process is independent. We have no relationship with the app developers or companies and no responsibility for the service they provide. This means that if you have an issue with one of the apps we have reviewed, you will need to contact the app developer or company directly.