|Speak Pacific||By Centre for Pacific Languages|
Get the app:
|Country of origin||Aotearoa New Zealand|
|Security and privacy||Does the app:
|Advertisements||This app contains no ads.
What does the app do?
The Speak Pacific app is designed to give users a brief introduction to 7 Pacific languages and cultures.
- Fӓeag Rotuḁm (Rotuman language)
- Gagana Samoa (Samoan language)
- Gagana Tokelau (Tokelauan language)
- Lea Faka-Tonga (Tongan language)
- Te Reo Māori Kūki ‘Airani (Cook Island Māori Language)
- Vosa vaka-Viti (Fijian Language)
- Vagahau Niue (Niue Language)
Each language has an introduction video to the language and cultural context, including The Lord’s Prayer, greetings, pronunciation, activities to share new words and phrases and a customisable introduction to practise and share.
- synchronised narration in Pacific languages and English
- swipe to read or touch to hear
- drag and drop puzzles
- the ability to create your own introductions in the selected languages
- the ability to export pages, images and audio to colleagues, friends or social media.
It's hoped that after the brief introduction, users will go on to register for a full language course. For the complete app description, go to Google Play(external link) or the App Store(external link).
Date of review: October 2023
Platform reviewed: Android
|App developer: If you are the developer and would like to provide updated information about this app, please email the app library manager at email@example.com
Disclaimer: Healthify’s app library is a free consumer service to help you decide whether a health app would be suitable for you. Our review process is independent. We have no relationship with the app developers or companies and no responsibility for the service they provide. This means that if you have an issue with one of the apps we have reviewed, you will need to contact the app developer or company directly.