|distrACT||By Expert Self Care Ltd|
Get the app from
Read a clinical review of this app.
|Security and privacy||Does the app:
What does the app do?
This app is for young people, 17 years and older, who are concerned about self-harming. The app is specifically aimed at young people living in the UK but there are many features that are applicable to young people living in New Zealand. For example, the following sections may be helpful:
- About self harm has information about what self-harm is, myths and facts, warning signs, dangers, etc.
- Self-help has information on how to identify your needs, manage the urge to self-harm and safer alternatives to self-harm.
- Support has tips and suggestions on how to get support and speak with family and friends.
- Chill zone has a variety of resources to help you feel relaxed and inspired, with the aim of giving you a different perspective on things. Examples of resources are poems, quotes, music, movie and videos.
- Emergency has information on first aid and what to do in an emergency.
Note: The local support feature is not applicable to New Zealand users. It has links to local support in the UK.
✔ Provides some practical tips and resources.
✘ There are some important omissions:
✘ App relies on written information making it feel more like reading a pamphlet than an interactive app.
- April 2022, Version 2.1.1, Android
- September 2019, Version: 1.0, Android
- Vieira AM, Lewis SP. Mobile apps for self-injury – a content analysis.(external link) Cyberpsychol Behav Soc Netw. 2018 May;21(5):333-337.
|App developer: If you are the developer and would like to provide updated information about this app, please email the app library manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Healthify’s app library is a free consumer service to help you decide whether a health app would be suitable for you. Our review process is independent. We have no relationship with the app developers or companies and no responsibility for the service they provide. This means that if you have an issue with one of the apps we have reviewed, you will need to contact the app developer or company directly.