The use of mobile apps for people with COPD has the potential to encourage and improve self management of their condition. The team at Healthify sought to review patient focused apps for COPD.
At current price
Have you come across any COPD apps that you've found helpful? Let us know - email firstname.lastname@example.org
COPD apps — desirable features
A recent study by Sobnath et al, 2017 found the following features to be important and desirable in a self management app or support tool for COPD .
- self-recognition and treatment of exacerbations
- smoking cessation advice and support
- medication/treatment adherence
- exercise and increased physical activities
- breathing techniques
- nutritional advice
- dyspnoea management
- reports, email and mobile short message service (SMS) and reminders
- symptoms tracking
- diary or calendar
- calculators for spirometry, body mass index (BMI), or tobacco consumption.
- Gebara S1, Pierscionek B1, Vaes AW2, et al. Features of a Mobile Support App for Patients With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Literature Review and Current Applications(external link). JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2017 Feb 20;5(2):e17.
|App developer: If you are the developer and would like to provide updated information about this app, please email the app library manager at email@example.com
Disclaimer: Healthify’s app library is a free consumer service to help you decide whether a health app would be suitable for you. Our review process is independent. We have no relationship with the app developers or companies and no responsibility for the service they provide. This means that if you have an issue with one of the apps we have reviewed, you will need to contact the app developer or company directly.