|Note: This app appears to no longer be available in the New Zealand app stores.|
|Asthma Friendly Classroom||By Michael Casilla|
What does the app do?
This app is adapted from material by the American Lung Associations' Asthma Friendly Schools Initiative Tool Kit-Healthy Air Walk through Classroom Checklist and the Boston Public Schools Promoting Healthy School Buildings. There is an increasing awareness to create asthma friendly schools in New Zealand. Although US based, this app has many tips and hints that are applicable to NZ schools and classrooms such the how and why of reducing classroom clutter, avoiding chemicals, identifying and reducing exposure to allergens, etc. For a more detailed description of the app and for a detailed review, see Reviews.
✔ Comprehensive information about trigger avoidance.
✘ No information about asthma treatment
Privacy and security
To be added
Date of review: March 2017
Platform reviewed: Android
App version: 0.02
Download size: 10.83 MB
- School Asthma Checklist(external link) Asthma and Respiratory Foundation NZ
- Apps that could help you manage or learn about your asthma(external link) Montana Asthma Control Program
- Connected asthma: how technology will transform care(external link) Asthma UK
- Hui CY, Walton R, McKinstry B, et al. The use of mobile applications to support self-management for people with asthma: a systematic review of controlled studies to identify features associated with clinical effectiveness and adherence.(external link) J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2016 Oct 2.
- Cook KA, Modena BD, Simon RA. Improvement in Asthma Control Using a Minimally Burdensome and Proactive Smartphone Application.(external link) J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2016 Jul-Aug;4(4):730-737.
- Househ M, Hossain N, Jamal A, et al. A cross-sectional content analysis of Android applications for asthma.(external link) Health Informatics J. 2016 Mar 3.
- Wu AC, Carpenter JF, Himes BE. Mobile health applications for asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract.(external link) 2015 May-Jun;3(3):446-8
- Huckvale K, Morrison C, Ouyang J, et al. The evolution of mobile apps for asthma: an updated systematic assessment of content and tools.(external link) BMC Med. 2015 Mar 23;13:58.
- Marcano Belisario JS, Huckvale K, et al. Smartphone and tablet self management apps for asthma.(external link) Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Nov 27;(11)
Asthma in children | Mate huango tamariki
NZ Health App Library
Consumer guide: how to choose a health app
Clinicians guide: how to choose a health app